Associate Civil Engineer
Associate Civil Engineer (Civil)
Performance Engineering is an independent, multi-disciplinary, professional engineering firm specializing in civil engineering, land surveying, and construction management. Our work is spread across multiple industries to include land development, water resources, municipal, renewable energy, and environmental services. Our office is located in Billings, Montana where we serve the Mountain West region.
At Performance Engineering, we are committed to building long lasting relationships with our clients and employees. Our client relationships are built on the foundation of best-in-class customer service and project execution, while our employee relationships are built on a commitment to continual professional development and integrity. We reward team members for hard work and dedication through overtime compensation and profit-sharing based on performance and success of the business each year.
Position: Performance Engineering is seeking to hire an Associate Engineer (Civil) with at least 0-5 years of experience at our Billings, Montana office. The ideal candidate will be on track to acquire a professional license with experience in land use planning, infrastructure system modeling/permitting/design, and construction management.
- Time Management: Prioritize, schedule and allocate the necessary time to ensure projects are completed on schedule and budget.
- Support: Provide support to Project Managers and senior level staff in meeting project deliverables.
- Design: Develop insightful designs and plans with thorough specifications which accurately communicate the design intent with the goal of a conflict free bid period, and on-time construction completed with minimal change orders.
- Communication: Effective written and verbal communication to support team members, project managers, company leadership, and external construction teams.
- Material Creation: Responsible for assisting in the creation of reports, memos, project proposals, specifications, plan sets, permit applications, and bid packages.
- Results driven mentality
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build and manage relationships with employees and clients
- Highly organized, capable of working on multiple projects
- Excellent planning
- AutoCAD Civil3D experience preferred
- Minimum degree required: Bachelor of Engineering.
- 0-5 years of experience in civil engineering design and construction administration
- Experience in at least one of the following disciplines: land development, municipal utility design, or water resource engineering, or environmental engineering
- Demonstrated integrity, selflessness, and dependability
- Familiarity with federal and state funding and regulatory agencies, preferred but not mandatory
- Familiar with job-costing, scheduling and estimating
- Familiarity in AutoCAD Civil3D, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite, WaterCAD, HEC-RAS and other computer software for communication, design and documentation
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Work for this position is full-time and salary will be based on work experience.
To learn more about our firm, please visit our website at www.performance-ec.com.
Performance Engineering’s office is located in Billings, Montana, which recently won Outside Magazine’s 2016 Best Place to Live in the U.S. award. Billings gives our employees and their families excellent quality of life with access to the great outdoors including fishing, hiking, biking, camping, hunting, and many other outdoor activities.