CAD Technician / Drafter (Civil)
Performance Engineering is an independent, multi-disciplinary, professional engineering firm specializing in civil engineering, land surveying, and construction management. Our work is spread across multiple industries to include land development, water resources, municipal, renewable energy, and environmental services. Our office is located in Billings, Montana where we serve the Mountain West region.
At Performance Engineering, we are committed to building long lasting relationships with our clients and employees. Our client relationships are built on the foundation of best-in-class customer service and project execution, while our employee relationships are built on a commitment to continual professional development and integrity. We reward team members for hard work and dedication through overtime compensation and profit-sharing based on performance and success of the business each year.
Position: Performance Engineering is seeking to hire a CAD Technician/Drafter (Civil) with at least +2 years of experience at our Billings, Montana office. The ideal candidate will have experience in surveying, planning, development, energy, infrastructure, or other relevant civil engineering disciplines.
- Time Management: Prioritize, schedule and allocate the necessary time to ensure projects are completed on schedule and budget.
- Support: Provide support to engineers, project managers and senior level staff in meeting project deliverables.
- Design: Develop efficient designs and plans which accurately communicate the design intent with the goal of a conflict free bid period, and on-time construction completed with minimal change orders.
- Communication: Effective written and verbal communication to support team members, project managers, and company leadership.
- Material Creation: Responsible for assisting in the creation of exhibits, plats, plan sets, supplemental application information and marketing materials.
- Results driven mentality
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player perspective with a positive attitude
- Highly organized, capable of working on multiple projects
- Excellent planning
- AutoCAD Civil3D experience
- College education or related trade school training
- +2 years of experience in civil engineering design and drafting
- Experience in at least one of the following disciplines: land development, municipal utility design, water resource engineering, energy development, or environmental engineering
- Demonstrated integrity, selflessness, and dependability
- Familiarity in AutoCAD Civil3D, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite, and other computer software for communication, design and documentation
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Work for this position is full-time and salary will be based on work experience.
To learn more about our firm, please visit our website at www.performance-ec.com.
Performance Engineering’s office is located in Billings, Montana, which recently won Outside Magazine’s 2016 Best Place to Live in the U.S. award. Billings gives our employees and their families excellent quality of life with access to the great outdoors including fishing, hiking, biking, camping, hunting, and many other outdoor activities.