Land Surveyor In-Training (LSIT)
Land Surveyor In-Training (LSIT)
Performance Engineering is an independent, multi-disciplinary, professional engineering firm specializing in civil engineering, land surveying and construction management. Our work is spread across multiple industries to include land development, water resources, municipal, renewable energy, and environmental services. Our office is located in Billings, Montana where we serve the Mountain West region.
At Performance Engineering, we are committed to building long lasting relationships with our clients and employees. Our client relationships are built on the foundation of best-in-class customer service and project execution, while our employee relationships are built on a commitment to continual professional development and integrity. We reward team members for hard work and dedication through overtime compensation and profit-sharing based on performance and success of the business each year.
Position: Performance Engineering is seeking to hire a Land Surveyor In-Training (LSIT) at our Billings, Montana office. The ideal candidate will be on track to acquire a professional license with experience in boundary/topo/control surveys, ALTA surveys, records research, utility surveys, construction staking and plat and easement drafting and development.
- Time Management: Prioritize, schedule and allocate the necessary time to ensure projects are completed on schedule and budget.
- Support: Provide support to Project Managers and Professional Land Surveyor in meeting project deliverables.
- Survey: Complete assigned field survey work with accuracy and attention to detail required for information to be used in designs and final legal and platting documents. Work may include boundary/topo/control surveys, construction staking, boundary and legal document research, utility surveys, and drafting of plats and easement documents.
- Communication: Effective written and verbal communication to support team members, project managers, company leadership, and external construction teams.
- Material Creation: Responsible for assisting in the creation of ALTA, easement, boundary, plat, and staking documents required for successful completion of company projects.
- Results driven mentality
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build and manage relationships with employees and clients
- Highly organized, capable of working on multiple projects
- Familiarity with modern survey methods, equipment and emerging technologies
- Trimble survey equipment experience preferred
- AutoCAD Civil3D experience preferred
- Associate or Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering Technology or Land Survey preferred
- 0-5 years of experience in land surveying and/or construction surveying
- Demonstrated integrity, selflessness and dependability
- Familiarity with federal and state surveying rules and law, preferred but not mandatory
- Familiarity in AutoCAD Civil3D, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite and other computer software for communication, drafting and documentation
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Work for this position is full-time and salary will be based on work experience.
To learn more about our firm, please visit our website at www.performance-ec.com.
Performance Engineering’s office is located in Billings, Montana, which won Outside Magazine’s 2016 Best Place to Live in the U.S. award. Billings gives our employees and their families excellent quality of life with access to the great outdoors including fishing, hiking, biking, camping, hunting and many other outdoor activities.