Mission: Lead and manage survey activity within the business unit as well as consistently search and prospect for new potential deals and clients. Build and foster long-term relationships with current and future clients. Lead, mentor, and assist in the personal and professional growth of junior and support staff. Continually work with surveying, engineering and construction staff to improve project quality and company efficiencies. Work to ensure that PE is positioned to implement new technologies and maintain our position being on the cutting edge of performance and delivery.
- Entrepreneurial Mindset: Responsible for the furthering development of the PE surveying department, assisting with client relationships and deal flow as well as overseeing surveying activities at PE.
- Budget Execution: Produce and execute on both division and project level budgets.
- Project Management: Manage and review the work of Survey Technicians and Assistants. Ability to effectively allocate resources to deliver projects on-time and on-budget.
- Internal and External Communication: Ability to effectively communicate with executives, clients, employees as well as deliver industry leading customer service.
- Survey Execution: Produce high quality work while acting as the survey subject matter expert. Oversee and execute all surveying functions as PE builds a surveying department.
- QA/QC: Will act as a Tier 2 QA/QC specialist for all survey related projects. Must continually search for new and improved ways of managing process and quality controls.
- Inspiring and inclusive leadership
- Self-motivated for success and continual improvement
- Ability to work and deliver top quality work with limited supervision
- Drive to deliver quality results and commitment to meeting deadlines
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and management skills
- Ability to build relationships with employees, contractors, and clients
- Highly organized, able to manage and meet multiple deadlines
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to learn and integrate new technologies
- Proficiency in the following: AutoCAD, Civil3D, Trimble software, Excel, and other Microsoft suite software
- Expertise in modern surveying methods, equipment, and emerging technologies
- Experience in Montana subdivision and platting rules
- B.S. in Survey, Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering Technology or a related field preferred
- Licensed Land Surveyor – Licensed, or willing to obtain surveying license in Montana and other Rocky Mountain West states
- 7+ years’ work experience
- Previous business/management experience preferred
- Clean driver’s license and record